Mass Flow Reactors & Product Analysis Methods
Several mass flow reactors are available for the screening of catalytic activity. Online and offline catalyst product analysis is available for both gaseous and liquid products in gas phase thermal catalysis and electrochemical reactions. For obtaining product-selectivity data, analysis is done during and after the reaction.
Bed-packed Mass Flow Reactors
These systems allow real-time continuous analysis of multiple gases.
- Ambient Pressure Reactor
- Gas manifold with independent inlets for four gases and a vaporized liquid (mass flow controlled)
- High temperature quartz reactor column
- Temperature range: ambient to 600 oC
- High Pressure Reactor
- Gas manifold with independent inlets for four gases
- High temperature stainless steel reactor column with inner glass liner
- Pressure range: ambient to 100 bar
Gas and liquid chromatography (GC) devices with different analyte detectors are available:
- Agilent 7890A for gaseous product analysis.
- Liquid GC, Schimadzu GC-2010 Plus with auto-sampler attachment for liquid product analysis.
Both are equipped with thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD) and Flame Ionisation (FID) Detectors.
Combined gas chromatograph and mass spectrometer for the continuous operation from Perkin Elmer.
Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) - Mass Spectrometry (MS)
- ThermoScientific iCAP RQ
- Analysis of trace elements in aqueous solution down to parts per trillion (ppt) accuracy
- Combined with a microwave dilution system from Anton Paar: Multiwave GO