Professor Dr. Gerard Meijer
- Member of the Dutch Physics Society (“Nederlandse Natuurkundige Vereniging”)
- Member of the Advisory Board (“Raad van Bestuur”) of FOM (2003-2012)
- Member of the International Advisory Board of Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. (2002-2011).
- Member of the Programme Advisory Committee of FELIX/FELICE (2003-2009), FELBE (since 2006), and FLASH (since 2007).
- Member of the selection committee of the NWO Spinoza Prize (2006-2008).
- Member of the Board of the Atomic and Molecular Physics Division (AMPD) of the European Science Foundation, (since 2004).
- Permanent Member of the Board of the International Symposium on Molecular Beams.
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Fritz Haber Minerva Center for Molecular Dynamics in Jerusalem, Israel (since 2005).
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences (IAMS) of the Academia Sinica in Taipei, Taiwan (2007-2010).
- Member of the Advisory Editorial Board of Chem. Phys. Lett. (2008-2010).
- Member of the Evaluation Panel of the AGOR/TRIµP project at the KVI in Groningen, The Netherlands (2008).
- Member of the International EPSRC Review Panel on Chemistry (2009).
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of The Journal of Physical Chemistry (2011).
- Member of the Wissenschaftsrat (2018).
Awards and Honors:
1989 IBM Outstanding innovations award
1994 NWO-PIONIER award
1995 Professor in physics, University of Nijmegen, NL
2004 Professor in physics, Free University of Berlin, D
2004 Corresponding member of the Royal Dutch Academy of Arts and Sciences
2008 Norman Hascoe Lecturer 2008, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, USA
2009 Durham Lecturer 2009, University of Durham, Durham, UK; Recipient of the Bourke Award of the Royal Society of Chemistry for "original research on the formation and spectroscopy of ultra-cold molecules".
2010 Recipient of an ERC Advanced Grant
2010 Harry Emmett Gunning Lecturer 2010, University of Alberta, Stony Brook, NY, USA
2011 Jacob Bigeleisen Lecturer, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, USA
2012 Van't Hoff of the Deutsche Bunsen-Gesellschaft
2013 Member of the Adcademia Europaea
2017 Knight in the Order of the Netherlands Lion
2019 Odd Hassel Lecturer, Oslo, Norway
2022 Honorary Doctorate (Doctor Philosophiae honoris causa), Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
2022 Yuan T. Lee Endowed Lectureship in Physical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, UCI Berkeley, USA