Single photon hot electron ionization of fullerenes
- MP Department Seminar
- Date: May 26, 2023
- Time: 09:30 AM c.t. - 10:30 AM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Prof. Klavs Hansen
- Tianjin University & Lanzhou University, China, http://www.klavshansen.cn/
- Location: Haber Villa
- Room: Seminar Room
- Host: Department of Molecular Physics
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The separation of the time scales of electronic and nuclear motion in clusters and molecules opens the possibility that the electrons can form a transient and highly excited subsystem coexisting with cold nuclear degrees of freedom.The idea has previously been experimentally observed in carbon containing molecules and metal clusters, excited by femtosecond laser pulses of low energy photons. Now it has also been observed after absorption of a single high energy photon.
In the talk I will sketch the mechanism, present the experimental observations and point to important potential consequences for single photon ionization.