Accurate Description of Correlated Physics of Bulk Materials using Diagrammatic Methods and Quantum Embedding
- TH Department Online Seminar
- Date: Mar 18, 2021
- Time: 05:00 PM - 06:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Professor Garnet Chan
- Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology - Caltech, CA, USA
- Location: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86545474595?pwd=Rk53RjhYWTN2eDdLSkdUL3RzMHpwdz09
- Room: Meeting ID: 865 4547 4595 | Passcode: 285337
- Host: TH Department
This talk will give an overview of continuing work in the Chan group to describe correlated electron materials with high-level quantum chemistry methods.
The first part of the talk will survey progress in quantum
chemistry diagrammatic methods, and in particular coupled cluster
methods, for materials. The second part will discuss recent progress in
density matrix embedding and dynamical mean-field descriptions of
correlated electron material phase diagrams.